The Inter Islamic Network on Information Technology (INIT), in collaboration with the Islamic Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) and the Commission on Science and Technology for Sustainable Development in the South (COMSATS) is organizing 4th International Conference on ‘Agriculture, Food Security and Biotechnology’, on November 13 - 14, 2018 at Rabat, Kingdom of Morocco. The Conference aims to provide an interactive platform to academicians, scientists and researchers to deliberate upon the burning issue of food insecurity while underpinning the significance of Agriculture, Food Security and Biotechnology.
The conference will, interalia, highlight the importance and role of information technology and its associated systems in enhancing agriculture productivity, elimination of hunger, improving nutrition and achieving food security. The scientists, researchers, technologists and faculty members from different parts of the world will share their knowledge and experiences on interventions of IT in the field of agriculture, food security and biotechnology.
The themes of the conference are divided into three areas which are mentioned below:
- Crop breeding, improvement, protection and management
- Agriculture and sustainable development
- Agricultural innovation and technology
- Agriculture Engineering and Agronomy
- Trends and challenges to food security
- Food Nutrition Security: new concepts and strategies
- Food safety regulation and standards
- Food sovereignty, heritage & industry
- Non-timper forest products and food security
- Ecosystem based adaptation for food security
- Genetic improvement of crops using plant biotechnology
- Functional genomics using genome editing technology
- Industrial biotechnology
- Food and bioprocess technology
- Patent, biosafety, biosecurity, plant breeders rights
Travel grants and boarding and lodging will be provided by INIT, ISESCO and COMSATS to a limited number of individuals from the member countries of INIT, ISESCO and COMSATS, selected by the International Conference Scientific Committee.
Applications for participation are required to be submitted through duly filled-in prescribed form to INIT, at the contact addresses given in the brochure attached below before Monday, 8th October 2018.