5 Day International Training Workshop on Internet Security: Enhancing Information Exchange Safeguards from December 9-13, 2013 at Nebeul- Tunisian Republic.
INIT in collaboration with Commission on Science and Technology for Sustainable Development is South (COMSATS), The Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO), COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Islamabad, Pakistan and Higher Institute of Technological Studies (ISET) conducted a 5 Day International Training Workshop on ‘Internet security: Enhancing information Exchange Safeguard’ on December 9-13 2013 at Nabeul, Tunisia.
The workshop aims to provide a forum to the young scientists/researchers from the developing counties to learn about the latest advancement in the field of internet security. And to pass on the basic knowledge of structural network security. Taking advantage of practical and conceptual approaches following are the discussed issues.
Sophistications of attacks.
Cryptographic Techniques for Network Security.
Biometric and Cyber security.
Cloud computing Security.
This workshop was attended by participants from more than 11 countries. In was a successful initiative towards educating the network driver with the importance of network security and finding the appropriate ways to mitigate any vulnerability over the period of time in operations.
The course was delivered by renowned experts in the area of information security containing lectures, tutorials and practical exercises. Following was the outcome of the sessions.
Understanding about the network protocols, models, topologies and related security threats.
Understanding of latest cryptographic Algorithms and protocols.
Usage of Full Disk Encryption (FDE).
Organizational security understanding.
Familiarizing security protocols and suits like IPSec, Kerberos and PGP.
Introduction of contemporary biometric system.
Cloud Security concept.
4 experts conducted the workshop in which many local and 15 institutions around the Islamic world representing 14 countries in all, got trained. List is given bellow.
List of Institutions Excluding Local
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Islamabad, Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- National University of Science and Technology Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Republic of Sudan
- The Industrial Research and Consultancy Centre IRCC.
Arab Republic of Egypt
- Egyptian University Network. Egypt
- Ministry of Higher Education and state of Scientific Research, Government of Egypt.
- Republic of Azerbaijan
- Ministry of communication and Information Technology, Azerbaijan
- People Republic of Bangladesh
- Ministry of Science and Information and Communication Technology, Government of Bangladesh.
- Republic of Gambia
- Directorate of Science and Technology Education, Republic of Gambia.
Republic of Indonesia
- Ministry of Research and Technology, Government of Indonesia.
- Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Ministry of Science Research and Technology
- Iranian research Organization of Science and Technology.
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- King Saud University, KSA.
Republic of Turkey
Kingdom of Morocco
- deGIE Galileo, Morocco
- Novancy Consultant, Morocco.
People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
- Ministry of National Defense, Algeria.
Click here for Pictures
- Dr. Abbas Haider
Research Fellow/ Assistant Professor,
Center of Excellence in Information Assurance,
King Saud University,
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Cyber Security Officer/ Assistant Professor,
National University of Science and Technology,
- Dr Malik Najmus Saqib
Department of Computer Sciences,
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology,
- Mr. Zafar Mir
Information Security Risk,
- Mr. Asad Raza
Lecturer Information Technology (Networking & Security)
Majan University College,
Sultanate of Oman.