5 Day OIC, COMSTECH Workshop on Bioinformatics: Current Progress and Practical Application from June 23-28, 2008 at Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan
INIT in collaboration with Commission on Science and Technology for Sustainable Development is south, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Islamabad, Organization of Islamic cooperation (OIC), Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, republic of Azerbaijan convene a 5 Day OIC, COMSTECH Workshop on ‘Bioinformatics: Current Progress and Practical Application’ on June 23-28, 2008 in Baku, republic of Azerbaijan.
Objective of the workshop was
- To outline history, current state and perspective of bioinformatics in the world and particularly in Pakistan, Azerbaijan and other attendant countries.
- To introduce the cutting edge technology by theoretical and practical means for using bioinformatics resources available as well as developing new tools of computational analysis in molecular biology and biotechnology.
- To discuss possible collaboration among the scientists of OIC countries, Europe and USA (joint groups and projects).
- To present modern bioinformatics research tools (methodology and software).
This workshop was attended by 21 participants from 8 countries representing 12 different institutions. It was a successful initiative towards educating the researchers and practitioners with latest tools, trends of research and means to involve latest technology in practical field. It comprises of 18 academic sessions and a discussion. Following is the list of the country wise institutions participated in the event.
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Islamabad, Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- FAST National University Of Computers And Emerging Sciences, Islamabad, Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Republic of Azerbaijan
i. International Relation and Accounting Center of Republic of Azerbaijan.
ii. Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Republic of Azerbaijan.
iii. Institute if IT, Azerbaijan National Academy of Science Republic of Azerbaijan.
iv. Institute of Botany Azerbaijan Nation Academy of Science, Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Republic of Kazakhstan
- Institute of Plant Biology and Biotechnology, Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Republic of Tajikistan
- Institute of Plant Physiology and Genetics, Republic of Tajikistan.
- Republic of Uzbekistan
- Institute of Genetics and Plant Experimental biology, Republic of Uzbekistan.
- United Kingdom
- Royal Holloway, University of London, UK.
- United States of America
- BIOBAS Joint Genome Institute USA.
- Sultanate of Oman
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman.